YOGA ENERGY THERAPY Code Of Conduct
Yoga Energy Therapy™ & all Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) adhere to this code of Conduct from Yoga Alliance.
Our code of conduct is a declaration of acceptable ethical and professional behavior by which all registrants with Yoga Alliance agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga. It is not intended to be a basis for yoga principles. As a RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher), E-RYT (Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher) or representative of a RYS (Registered Yoga School). I agree to uphold the following ethical principles:
- Conduct myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advise, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
Yamas: (Ahimsa) Non-harming, (Satya) Truthfulness, (Asteya) Non-stealing, (Brahmarcharya) Energy Moderation, (Aparigraha) Non-possessiveness.
Niyamas: (Saucha) Cleanliness of body and mind, (Santosa) Contentment, (Tapas) Disciplined use of our energy, (Swadhyaya) Self study, (Isvara-Pranidhana) Self-surrender, devotion to God.